If you'd like to get involved in Ardnamurchan History and Heritage Association or Adopt-a-Monument, Ardnamurchan as a committee member or volunteer, please get in touch. We'd love to hear from you!
Fencer / labourer required for Adopt-a-Monument: Ardnamurchan
- Repair c.10m damaged fencing and install a farm gate at Swordle Bay
- Replace a farm gate and install a kissing gate to improve access to Old Parish Church, Kilchoan
- Install four kissing gates, erect c.120m fencing and install a gate at Grianan croft, Kilchoan .
The details of the tender can be found here
Interpretation and Digital Programme for the Adopt-a-Monument (AaM), Ardnamurchan project - request for tenders
Archaeology Scotland wishes to commission an Interpretation and Digital programme for the Real Wild West: Adopt-a-Monument (AaM) programme in West Ardnamurchan.
The Interpretation and Digital programme will be delivered alongside ongoing RWW programme, and awardees will work in partnership with Archaeology Scotland to support the local community in interpretation activity, design and implementation and involve them in co-designing and co-producing the following outputs:
- Physical and digital Interpretation, co-designed with local community, developed and installed at 10 Adopt-a-Monument sites identified and recorded as part of the Adopt-a-Monument project, plus the Blackhouse and Camas nan Geall projects.
- A heritage “trail” (physical and digital) taking in the 10 AaM sites, three heritage hubs and any other sites identified, including a “see them all” activity.
- Creation of 3 Hubs Network: Information and visitor experience & interpretation installation at the three heritage hubs, incorporating programme outputs including digital content of the 10 AaM sites, the blackhouse project and appropriate archaeological material.
- Content for project communications including, but not limited to, photographs, video and audio content, digital material.
- Ongoing project evaluation – in line with overall programme evaluation
- Final report
The details of the tender can be found here.